January 8-11, 2007
January 8, 2007 - Monday
Daddy had his mandatory "Christmas day off" today, so he went with us to OT... Cassidy (& a little help with the letters by Stephanie ;)) drew this pic of her & Stephanie! I LOVE their glasses! :)

Afterwards, we dropped our truck off to get an oil change & inspection and while that was being done, walked next door to Luby's for lunch. Like how she's wearing her jacket... ;) I'm surprised her shoes aren't backwards as well, that would be normal for her right now. lol

Cassidy's having a hard time staying 'organized'/ 'in a good place' right now... so Stephanie suggested making her a "quiet spot" for when she gets overwhelmed at home. Well, she LOVES it - she could stay in there if we'd let her lol. It was especially perfect for when she woke up from her nap & heard one of our upstairs neighbors' shower running. Which she immediately runs to hide from - now she has somewhere to hide to... ;) Her quiet spot (a baby blanket tacked to the couch & wall)...

This pic of her in her quiet spot cracked me up... she got my book off the shelf & is 'reading' it. (FYI - she's not been diagnosed with Asperger's but this book is very helpful as it pretty well describes her to a T...)

I found this bracelet for her online - not for anytime soon, but when she does start going to classes, etc. without me/us, I'd like her to have some sort of ID about her Epilepsy/meds. - this is perfect as it's velcro & it's BLUE, so she likes it! lol She was also proud of herself because her monkey's hat fit her! ;) In this pic, the monkey's full name is: "Cinderella Monkey Alex Baby Toby" - NOW, a few days later, she has added "Baby Jesus" to the end of it... LOL

Nigh-night monkeys! ;)

January 9, 2007 - Tuesday
She had an Opthamologist apt. today because of the increase in her right eye crossing. I took a few pix with me (all crossing WITH her glasses on) and it was actually a frustrating apt... He did a few tests and he said he wasn't able to make her cross, so that was that. He mentioned how he expects to see some crossing while she's not wearing her glasses & I said, but she IS doing it while she IS wearing her glass - for example, the pix I brought... & we just talked in circles repeating the same things back & forth. So, I said... "what DO I need to be looking for?" & He said... "crossing while wearing her glasses". ARGH!!!!!! That's what I'm telling & SHOWING you... But, since he couldn't make her do it during his tests, that was that & he said come back in Feb. for a re-check.
Now he did mention (& I've read, heard & know) that if she's tired/ eyes are fatigued, etc. then they will likely cross more & with her sleep as messed up as much as it has been (& feels like it always is...) maybe that's why... sigh.
I did have to laugh though... she cooperated while he was talking to her & doing his tests, but as SOON as he turned his attention away from her to talk to me, she started - pushing this button & that button & grabbing this from up here, up there, etc. non-stop. He asked, "Are you sure she's not a boy?" & I laughed & said, "I often ask myself that same question... I think she's just a boy in a dress!" ;) LOL
So, this on the way out... the office is in a hospital & outside the hospital is this pretty fountain... :)

She drew this pic... the big one on the left is "Daddy", the one on the right is "Mommy" & the tiny one down in the green circle is "Cassidy"... :) Her first family pic! :)

After nap, we went to kids night at Central Market with Cyndie & Riley... Cassidy remembered the "balloon guy" from the first time we went back in Oct... (2 pix from Oct.)

& Because her balloon popped on the playground and she was very upset - he gave her his balloon hat...

I'm reiterating those stories because when we were walking in, she saw the balloon guy & said "him needs his hat!" Ummm, Cassidy - 2 things, this is not the same night ;) & he gave YOU his hat! ;) lol
Her monkey (she introduced him here as "Baby Toby") came in with us and she requested a hat for 'him'! ;) He was happy to oblige lol...


Riley got a blue hat & an orange sword! ;)

After we ate, we headed outside to the playground - it was cold, but the kids had fun! Mostly... Cassidy took off running outside the fence, she REALLLLLLLLY wanted to climb on the rocks, even after I told her not to go & kept telling her to stop. Sooo, I retrieved her & made her hang out next to me for a few minutes. She didn't want to sit as much as she wanted to kick & scream, so here's a bit of her meltdown... ;)

January 10, 2007 - Wednesday
We met Amy & Abby to pick out material for a Valentine's outfit she's making for Cassidy... & Cassidy got Abby her first Alex "ion"! :)

Hanging out with her friend, "Snow White vacuum" (lol). She said she (vacuum) was the Princess & she (Cassidy ;)) was a "Girl Prince" lol. In this pic, she was playing with this dinosaur & she put her chapstick in his mouth & I heard her say, "you don't eat chapstick, that's NOT nice!" LOL

Later that night... now vacuum is 'Baby Jesus'... ;) (& Daddy was Joseph, I was Mary & she's an angel - wearing her 'blue halo'! ;))

Angels fly, ya know!


I let her paint my toenails & fingernails for the first time. It tickled a LOT and I had really pretty toes & fingers too, but she had a ball! :)


January 11, 2007 - Thursday
What a fun day! On our way to ST... :)

In Cassidy's group, she has a friend name Emily who is 4mo. older than her... Emily has a little sister named Sarah who is 2 & just loves Cassidy... Cassidy & Sarah holding hands after ST...

Emily, Sarah & Cassidy 'hiding' on our way out... LOL Cassidy really needs to work on her 'hiding skills'! LOL

Then we met Susan & Seth at McD to play... again, Cassidy wanted to hang out in the high-chairs with a bib LOL. Seth joined her! ;)

Then this guy (friend of a guy there with 3 kids) was bugging me and making me really uncomfortable so we left and went back to Seth's to play... Playing pool! I didn't notice it at the time, but man, her right arm looks uncomfortable! :o

They wanted to play outside & Cassidy loved these crosses... :)

Dr. Cassidy giving Seth a 'shot'! ;)

Seth checking out her stamp from ST... :)

We ended up skipping naptime because they were having so much fun & playing nicely together...Tonight, she noticed that Wilson was sleeping in her "quiet spot" so she grabbed my camera to take a pic of him since he was being 'cute'!

& She took one of Casey being 'cute' too... :)
January 8, 2007 - Monday
Daddy had his mandatory "Christmas day off" today, so he went with us to OT... Cassidy (& a little help with the letters by Stephanie ;)) drew this pic of her & Stephanie! I LOVE their glasses! :)

Afterwards, we dropped our truck off to get an oil change & inspection and while that was being done, walked next door to Luby's for lunch. Like how she's wearing her jacket... ;) I'm surprised her shoes aren't backwards as well, that would be normal for her right now. lol

Cassidy's having a hard time staying 'organized'/ 'in a good place' right now... so Stephanie suggested making her a "quiet spot" for when she gets overwhelmed at home. Well, she LOVES it - she could stay in there if we'd let her lol. It was especially perfect for when she woke up from her nap & heard one of our upstairs neighbors' shower running. Which she immediately runs to hide from - now she has somewhere to hide to... ;) Her quiet spot (a baby blanket tacked to the couch & wall)...

This pic of her in her quiet spot cracked me up... she got my book off the shelf & is 'reading' it. (FYI - she's not been diagnosed with Asperger's but this book is very helpful as it pretty well describes her to a T...)

I found this bracelet for her online - not for anytime soon, but when she does start going to classes, etc. without me/us, I'd like her to have some sort of ID about her Epilepsy/meds. - this is perfect as it's velcro & it's BLUE, so she likes it! lol She was also proud of herself because her monkey's hat fit her! ;) In this pic, the monkey's full name is: "Cinderella Monkey Alex Baby Toby" - NOW, a few days later, she has added "Baby Jesus" to the end of it... LOL

Nigh-night monkeys! ;)

January 9, 2007 - Tuesday
She had an Opthamologist apt. today because of the increase in her right eye crossing. I took a few pix with me (all crossing WITH her glasses on) and it was actually a frustrating apt... He did a few tests and he said he wasn't able to make her cross, so that was that. He mentioned how he expects to see some crossing while she's not wearing her glasses & I said, but she IS doing it while she IS wearing her glass - for example, the pix I brought... & we just talked in circles repeating the same things back & forth. So, I said... "what DO I need to be looking for?" & He said... "crossing while wearing her glasses". ARGH!!!!!! That's what I'm telling & SHOWING you... But, since he couldn't make her do it during his tests, that was that & he said come back in Feb. for a re-check.
Now he did mention (& I've read, heard & know) that if she's tired/ eyes are fatigued, etc. then they will likely cross more & with her sleep as messed up as much as it has been (& feels like it always is...) maybe that's why... sigh.
I did have to laugh though... she cooperated while he was talking to her & doing his tests, but as SOON as he turned his attention away from her to talk to me, she started - pushing this button & that button & grabbing this from up here, up there, etc. non-stop. He asked, "Are you sure she's not a boy?" & I laughed & said, "I often ask myself that same question... I think she's just a boy in a dress!" ;) LOL
So, this on the way out... the office is in a hospital & outside the hospital is this pretty fountain... :)

She drew this pic... the big one on the left is "Daddy", the one on the right is "Mommy" & the tiny one down in the green circle is "Cassidy"... :) Her first family pic! :)

After nap, we went to kids night at Central Market with Cyndie & Riley... Cassidy remembered the "balloon guy" from the first time we went back in Oct... (2 pix from Oct.)

& Because her balloon popped on the playground and she was very upset - he gave her his balloon hat...

I'm reiterating those stories because when we were walking in, she saw the balloon guy & said "him needs his hat!" Ummm, Cassidy - 2 things, this is not the same night ;) & he gave YOU his hat! ;) lol
Her monkey (she introduced him here as "Baby Toby") came in with us and she requested a hat for 'him'! ;) He was happy to oblige lol...


Riley got a blue hat & an orange sword! ;)

After we ate, we headed outside to the playground - it was cold, but the kids had fun! Mostly... Cassidy took off running outside the fence, she REALLLLLLLLY wanted to climb on the rocks, even after I told her not to go & kept telling her to stop. Sooo, I retrieved her & made her hang out next to me for a few minutes. She didn't want to sit as much as she wanted to kick & scream, so here's a bit of her meltdown... ;)

January 10, 2007 - Wednesday
We met Amy & Abby to pick out material for a Valentine's outfit she's making for Cassidy... & Cassidy got Abby her first Alex "ion"! :)

Hanging out with her friend, "Snow White vacuum" (lol). She said she (vacuum) was the Princess & she (Cassidy ;)) was a "Girl Prince" lol. In this pic, she was playing with this dinosaur & she put her chapstick in his mouth & I heard her say, "you don't eat chapstick, that's NOT nice!" LOL

Later that night... now vacuum is 'Baby Jesus'... ;) (& Daddy was Joseph, I was Mary & she's an angel - wearing her 'blue halo'! ;))

Angels fly, ya know!


I let her paint my toenails & fingernails for the first time. It tickled a LOT and I had really pretty toes & fingers too, but she had a ball! :)


January 11, 2007 - Thursday
What a fun day! On our way to ST... :)

In Cassidy's group, she has a friend name Emily who is 4mo. older than her... Emily has a little sister named Sarah who is 2 & just loves Cassidy... Cassidy & Sarah holding hands after ST...

Emily, Sarah & Cassidy 'hiding' on our way out... LOL Cassidy really needs to work on her 'hiding skills'! LOL

Then we met Susan & Seth at McD to play... again, Cassidy wanted to hang out in the high-chairs with a bib LOL. Seth joined her! ;)

Then this guy (friend of a guy there with 3 kids) was bugging me and making me really uncomfortable so we left and went back to Seth's to play... Playing pool! I didn't notice it at the time, but man, her right arm looks uncomfortable! :o

They wanted to play outside & Cassidy loved these crosses... :)

Dr. Cassidy giving Seth a 'shot'! ;)

Seth checking out her stamp from ST... :)

We ended up skipping naptime because they were having so much fun & playing nicely together...Tonight, she noticed that Wilson was sleeping in her "quiet spot" so she grabbed my camera to take a pic of him since he was being 'cute'!

& She took one of Casey being 'cute' too... :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home